Adult Orthodontics near Plainfield IL
While orthodontic treatment is typically associated with teenagers, Dr. Ahoyt wants his patients to know that it is never too late to straighten crooked teeth! Ahoyt Family Dental provides pediatric and adult orthodontic treatment in Plainfield for those who want to correct their smiles. For patients who desire quick results, Rapid Braces are a short term orthodontic solution that offer results in as little as 6 months. We also offer Invisalign®, which is a clear, removable teeth straightening system that also delivers fast results.
Why Should I Correct Crooked Teeth As an Adult?
Crooked teeth are more than just a cosmetic problem. If misaligned teeth are left uncorrected, this can lead to TMJ disorders or other dental complications. Dental problems that may arise from a crooked smile include:
- Tooth decay and periodontal disease as a result of difficulty cleaning between teeth that are too close together
- Tooth grinding due to uneven tooth surfaces
- Abnormal enamel wear as a result of misaligned teeth
- Jaw strain because the jaw has to work harder to compensate for a bad bite
- Low confidence or heightened social anxiety from self-consciousness
Advantages of Rapid Braces
Rapid Braces allow patients to obtain straighter teeth in just 6 months! Some other benefits of the Rapid Braces treatment include:
- Unlike traditional braces, which can take years to correct your smile, Rapid Braces straighten your teeth in half a year.
- Rapid Braces are lightweight and subtle. They do not require rubber bands, and they can be made in a white color to blend with your teeth.
- While brushing and flossing can be difficult with traditional braces, the lightweight brackets on Rapid Braces allow for better access to hard-to-reach areas.
- Rapid Braces are cost effective compared to other orthodontic treatments.
Benefits of Invisalign®
Invisalign is a fast, convenient orthodontic treatment in which patients receive a series of clear aligner trays to straighten their teeth. Some other benefits of Invisalign include:
- You can easily remove your Invisalign aligners to brush and floss your teeth
- With Invisalign, you can enjoy the foods that you want without having to worry about them getting stuck in your braces!
- The aligners are clear, so other people won’t know that you are receiving orthodontic treatment
- Invisalign aligner trays are so comfortable, you’ll forget you’re wearing them!