What Are Veneers?
Veneers are thin porcelain shells used to cover chipped, stained, or misaligned teeth. The thin layers of the veneer material adhere to natural tooth enamel to create a strong, long-lasting bond. Veneers work best for people who wish to correct minor imperfections in their smile. The procedure for attaching veneers to the exterior of the teeth is non-invasive and the results are immediately visible. Once the veneers are adhered to your teeth, they will be able to perform all their natural functions without any dietary restrictions or long recovery periods. Since veneers can last for many years, there is no need for constant replacement and maintenance other than normal oral hygiene and dental care. Veneers can help you achieve the bright, healthy smile you’ve always wanted!
Dental Problems Veneers Can Fix
Dental veneers can fix a variety of problems, including:
- Chipped tooth
- Teeth that are stained or discolored due to age or lifestyle
- Tooth gaps (veneers reshape the teeth so that gaps can be closed)
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
- Teeth that are worn down or naturally small
- Broken teeth
Why Get Dental Veneers?
There are many benefits to dental veneers in Plainfield, IL ranging from appearance improvement to durability. Below are some advantages of obtaining dental veneers:
- Veneers are tooth-colored so they look natural on your teeth
- Porcelain veneers can last between 5 and 10 years
- If a tooth fits poorly in your mouth, dental veneers can adjust the shape so that the tooth is properly aligned after the procedure
- Veneers resist stains and hide discoloration on your natural teeth
- Veneers can be a non-invasive way to reshape your teeth and hide any gaps
- Dental veneers are cost effective